About "The Art of 21st Century Career Navigation"

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December Cheer & Lifelong Learning!

Holiday time is one of my favorite times of the year - a time for holiday cheer and reflection, as well as an opportunity to plan for a New Year. It is a time where I plan my calendar for Lifelong Learning...are you a Lifelong Learner?

In the last ten days I attended a breakfast on Behavioral Finance and the Mania and Panics of the financial markets, then an event in the evening with a top Astrologer who talked about the tension going on between the Industrial World and the Ecological World. Recently, I also attended a virtual (and free) webinar on Entrepreneurs Journeys with a Forbes columnist.

To look for events, I recommend consulting organizations, universities, newspapers and the library. The internet is also a place to find interesting teleseminars or webinars. By joining Facebook, more people are getting invited to seminars online! The other day I saw an interesting webinar at Harvard on Web Trends for FREE (simply by favoriting the Page for the Harvard Business Review)! If you Favorite a Page (Inc., Fast Company, Ad Age Digital, local news, Chamber of Commerce etc.)...you can then follow the key articles on your Facebook Newsfeed and watch for interesting conferences or events.

Whether you are a business professional looking to network, or someone looking to start something entrepreneurial, or looking to get back into business, I have specific recommendations for you. Contact me via email for more information. You can receive this blog via email (or RSS) at the top of the page. I will have lots of other success tips. So stay tuned.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, Namaste! (I honor you)
Sandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment